Over the past few months, I've come across a number of articles online about "greening your air." There are some plants that are very purifying for the air in your home, and in this day and age, with the toxins in our air - I think everyone could be of benefit from having some of these helpful plants through out their home!
The research posted over on Green Your Air's web site is extremely helpful and informative, I thought! Check it out!
Looking at the sources for chemical emissions is horrifying, I think. We have many of these items in our home - the top one being carpet - which I dislike, but have to live with because we're in a rental! Drapes, paints, photocopiers (yes, we have more than one), upholstery - of course! It all contains different toxins, but they all add up and can and do hurt our health.
Well, call me selfish but I won't ditch my drapes, paint is necessary (though there are healthy alternative paints!), and getting my husband to ditch even one printer/photocopier .. just isn't happening.
I actually went out and bought a plant from Home Depot that I found on a list of plants that benefit the home and our health. But paying $20 to a store as large as Home Depot wasn't as fulfilling as it would have been to pay $20 to a smaller and locally owner store. (Sadly, no smaller garden centers carried the plant I wanted at that time)
Good news - Green Your Air is offering a discount on their plants right now! They are offering 25% off on all plants with code ALISONA25 (ends Jan 22nd and they ship to mainland USA only). I've looked through their selection and was surprised to find that their prices were very reasonable, more so with the discount. All plants come in a eco-friendly, non-toxic pot as well! (I think the pots are incredibly cute by themselves! Much better than the ugly green plastic pots that most plants come in!)
I plan on ordering my plants from Green Your Air in the next couple of days. I'll be sure and post an updated blog about my thoughts on quality, as well as some photos of them in my home. I am excited to add some greenery to my home that is also beneficial to the health of my family and myself!
Check out Green Your Air on Facebook and Twitter as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment