Friday, March 2, 2012

22 weeks (+ 2 days) with PICTURES!


At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.

If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

22 weeks! :O Well, this week was sort of difficult. For the first time in any of my pregnancies, I felt very anxious suddenly. Though I felt baby and myself would be fine, the placenta previa worried me. After some drama with a doctor that didn't care (she's fired!), I had an ultrasound today and the placenta has MOVED! It's not super high up, but it's off of my cervix. So, that is fantastic news. I feel much better. And seeing Sprout reassured me that yes, he's doing fine, and I can relax completely now. I'm still taking it easy, but don't feel stuck to my bed necessarily. I'm also not on edge, thinking bleeding may begin at anytime (that worry during pregnancy is very difficult to have!).

So, the ultrasound was nice. Sprout was in a ball basically. He had his hands either behind his neck, like he was relaxing, or in front of his face (like a boxer!). His feet were above his head, so knees were at his chest/face. It must be nice to be so flexible, haha! At one point he sucked on his knee, which was hilarious. He turned his face a few times, but for the most part, he stayed in his little ball and seemed very comfortable. The tech mentioned that while his bones looked to be the size of a 22 weekers, he had some significant "pudge" on him already. When looking at his thighs, you could see it easily. So cute.

Here's some photos. I identified what is what in one of the 3D photos, as I know some people have a difficult time reading these.







No comments:

Post a Comment