Baby's now the size of a lime!
Your baby is about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inches long and weighs about a third of an ounce, the size of a peanut. This is a big week for your baby's growth—she'll double in height. At the end of the week, her head and body will be roughly equal in length. This week also starts an active phase for her - she can turn somersaults, roll over, flex her fingers, hiccup, and stretch. You won't be able to feel her movement for another month and a half. She's floating in lots of amniotic fluid. Her limbs are developing from webbed paddles into arms and legs that have well-defined fingers and toes. Fingernails, toenails, and hair follicles are also beginning to form. Your baby's testes or ovaries have developed, though the sex probably won't be visible on a sonogram for at least another month. Intestines have developed at the place where the umbilical cord meets your baby's body. The intestines are now able to make constricting movements, though there won't be anything to digest until later.
So, I'm still rocking my regular clothes every now and again. I'm a fan of regular t-shirts, I've stolen a few of my husbands actually. So, I've been wearing those a lot, though I tend to wear maternity in public. I'm still in the, "Is she fat or .. pregnant?" stage. Well, if you said both, you'd be right. Okay, I don't call myself fat but I'm no skinny minnie either.
I'm leaving the, "Must shovel food down my throat" stage, though I know I can and will re-enter it soon enough. I'm just downing water like usual, and my bladder is continually reminding me that it doesn't hold the amount it did before Sprout planted his or herself in my uterus.
I've been up and about just a bit, and it's going well. No "issues" and I feel well overall. It's doing a lot for my mental state to be up and not stuck on the couch. I am NOT taking this for granted, I just hope my body cooperates and the rest of this pregnancy goes well! I'd love to not have to do any sort of resting (beyond the norm) until after the baby makes their debut.
I'm leaving the fog of exhaustion as well, but.. I'm entering the reclusive stage. I don't know if it can be considered a stage, being I feel this desire all during pregnancy typically. I talked to a couple of friends who feel the same while pregnant, and we agreed, it's our way of protecting ourselves and our young. I'm trying to not be too reclusive, as I hate to offend anyone (that I like, ha). But I have been communicating much less than usual with most people.
So, I can't complain - minor scare last week, but we've made it to 11 weeks! Two more weeks and we're into second trimester. Wow. This trimester has went incredibly quickly, it feels like just yesterday I was jumping around the house with excitement. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment