Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
34 weeks. Three weeks until Sprout is evicted, unless he decides to try and come earlier (or my body decides that, which it'd better not). I really do doubt that he'll come earlier than they're taking him. I'm not just saying that, I feel it deep down. I hope I am not proven wrong either!
Regardless, I was feeling particularly out of sorts in the past few days.. still am actually. I've lost some of my desire to nest, as I don't want to take these final days for granted nor rush them. I want to enjoy this pregnancy as I have a good feeling it's my last. I did pack my hospital bag, though. There wasn't much to pack, but thankfully I've been updating my list for what I need, so I had a good idea of what to toss in there. I still need to throw in some clothes at the last minute, but it's ready to go. I am sure it'll sit there for three week until D-Day, but that's okay! I feel good that it's ready. I don't typically use my regular camera (so dependent on my iPhone camera anymore!), but I packed it along with extra batteries/charger just in case things go before Sprout's daddies get here.
I'm pretty emotional lately. I feel badly that Sprout is coming out early, though I know I can't control that. Obviously if I could control things, I'd drag my placenta upward and have them do the section at 39/40 weeks instead. I feel confident that things will be okay with him at birth, though. I try not to dwell on things too much, but I've realized lately that I am burying some feelings. I don't want to talk about them with most, and it's nothing against anyone, I just need to keep some things to myself. I'm worried about what will happen during the section. And I have people saying they went through a similar experience, and all was well. That's great, it is and it's reassuring to me! But I'm the type that while I try to remain positive, I look at all possibilities to be prepared. And some of those possibilities are scary. When you are the type that needs to be in control, yet an instance comes up where you have to let go? It's hard! That's all I prefer to say here about that. If you're reading this and we're friends (or family) and I haven't spoke with you about this, please know it's nothing against you. I'm barely even talking to my husband about this right now. It's not weighing TOO heavily on my heart, it's just little fears that pop up occasionally.
So, enjoying the pregnancy is on my "to do" list for now. That plus my kids finishing up the school year, along with field trips, book fair, etc. I'm trying to focus on them. I'm in a pretty emotional part of pregnancy, with it winding down, and I think hormones just going crazier than usual. I mean, I feel bad that I'm going to leave them with my mother in law while I'm in the hospital. I have to laugh after typing out that sentence, but it's true! They love grandma and grandpa's house, so that is helpful for me. They already know that Sprout is coming out on their last day of school, and grandma will be taking them to her house after for a few days. They're excited, which is nice.
I apologize if this post makes me seemed scatterbrained, but.. I am!
Overall I am feeling good still. Sprout is busy digging his toes into my ribs a lot lately, which is pretty painful, but it's kind of cute in a way. He still prefers my left side, I can feel his little bottom resting to the left quite often. When I flip sides while in bed, I can feel him moving around, almost like he's having to pick a new spot to get comfy in, haha. His movements wake me up quite a bit anymore. I love that, though it's scared me a few times. If I am sleeping deeply, I will wake and wonder why the bed is moving when I then realize it's him just rolling around in there.
I think the other thing helping the end of this pregnancy be wonderful, despite the issues we're facing health wise, is my wonderful IFs - Sprout's daddies. They are so amazing. I feel so incredibly blessed to be helping such awesome men become fathers! I was so hesitant to do this again, I really was. I still remember the first time one of my IFs emailed me, and I was resistant overall. I wanted to do this, but I was unsure and not wanting what happened before (long story, eeps). They were understanding, they were reassuring, and we talked a great deal with no pressure from them ever. It was nice. I am so glad I took the plunge, and through the months of trying and the frustrations of not getting it (pregnant!), I'm surprised we're nearly there - at the goal, at the finish line! It feels like the past 1.5 years have flown by somewhat. I am just really pleased with where we are, and it's due to them being so fantastic, it really is. This may be something we all had to work for, but they made it so much easier, so much more enjoyable. I am going to be a mess of tears seeing them with their son, the tears will be from the excitement, and the relief of knowing we made it. I can't wait.
So, Happy 34 Weeks to Sprout and Happy 29th Birthday to me! This is my first of many 29th birthdays, haha. And hopefully Sprout hangs around in that comfy space within me for another 3 weeks before he makes it his birthday.
34 week belly! I feel like he's dropping a bit!

No comments:
Post a Comment