Wednesday, May 2, 2012

31 Weeks! Photos, videos, & a note about Medela *UPDATED*

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
31! Things have been going well, as usual (yay for usual!). Sprout continues to be very active, but he's keeping his feet away from my bladder and ribs, so I'm thankful for that. I'm pretty sure he's in a transverse lie position, so head on one side, butt on the other, with his legs tucked up in front of him. I feel his feet gliding all over my tummy everyday. I can sometimes feel one with my fingers, and I can make out his teeny little toes! It's pretty amazing.

I'm feeling great. Other than that turning over in bed (rarely happens) thing, and getting off of the couch. The other night I was sitting on the couch and began looking around. My husband asked what I was doing and I told him, "I'm trying to figure out how to get up!" I've decided I need a jet pack under my uh, behind. That'd be very helpful. So, any manufacturers wanting to make the next big maternity product, I suggest a jet pack to strap to our backsides. Just press a button and it boosts us up enough to stand up without us struggling and huffing and puffing. Another idea is to mount one of those bars to the wall near your bed - just hold on to it in order to turn over or stand up. My husband has gotten used to me grabbing his arm to help me turn over, or I push against the wall as I turn over. Better than nothing! ;)

I did a couple of short videos for Sprout's parents to see:





And though I try to keep on a regular schedule for belly shots, I did another one for this week. This one was taken last night. I've grown out of a few shirts in the past 1-2 weeks, so this tells me little man is growing! And yes, wonderful stretchmarks along with huge veins. I know some are like, "WHOA!" but seeing the changes that happen with a pregnant woman's belly always seems very interesting to me.



As of today, the pregnancy calendar on AmazingPregnancy says:
Today is Wednesday May 2nd 2012.

You conceived on Wednesday October 12th 2011 and your due date is Wednesday July 4th 2012.

203 days have passed since the conception, and you are 63 days before your due date.

You are 31 weeks into your pregnancy, and you have 9 weeks to go.

You are in the 3rd trimester.

76% of your pregnancy has passed, there is 24% left to go.

AMAZING! The attorneys are working on paperwork for us in prep for the birth, which just makes this all that more real. This is happening. This little boy is going to come out next month, or EARLY July at the latest. Wow. I am doing my best to enjoy this, but this pregnancy has really flown. I am very excited for the coming weeks, though!

I did want to make a quick note - about the photo contest on Medela's web site, the one I posted about last Saturday requesting votes. I was in the lead by quite a bit, and I thank everyone that took the time to vote for me! Medela apparently has some issues in running their contest, as I lost hundreds of votes, and other entrants lost a few as well. The vote counts bounced around quite a bit (going down a lot) in the final days of the contest. I've talked with Medela but they can't offer much of an explanation. I don't know if your vote was counted or tossed, but I appreciate the effort everyone put forth for me to win this.

So, the contest ended Monday evening and I was in the lead when it ended, but as their rules state, I won't hear for 7-10 days. Hopefully I won their Freestyle pump, but I am not holding my breath. What I am doing once again is thanking YOU ALL for voting for me, sharing the link, etc. I really appreciate the support. Seeing the link circulating on Facebook and Twitter, seeing the votes rolling in (I would have had well over 500 if not 600 by my estimates!), it was amazing to see how much many of you rallied for me to win. And when the votes began disappearing, the messages via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest (many used my Pinterest account to find me over on FB or Twitter!), blog replies, emails, and texts - I counted nearly 150 different people that messaged me on Monday alone! Some were offering me their pump, some offering to buy supplies, some telling me they wanted to email Medela, many asking what was going on. I was overwhelmed, and it sounds so silly, but I was very grateful! Thanks again. I will keep everyone updated, of course!

LAST but not least - today is mine and my husband's 10th wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary to us!!

UPDATE: I received notification this morning that I did in fact win the Medela Freestyle breast pump + accessories! I've already had the papers notarized and faxed in. Thank you again to EVERYONE!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment