Wednesday, April 11, 2012

28 Weeks!


By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

28 weeks! I wish I could say this past week has been uneventful but alas, it has not. To sum it up, I had horrendous tooth pain on Saturday, Sunday it was becoming infected (hot/red cheek, PAIN!, swelling). One urgent care visit later - and a blood test revealed my white blood cell count was up, so doc gave me meds including antibiotics. I hate taking meds, though I don't mind antibiotics as much, as I didn't want the infection, of course! Yesterday I had a dental appointment in the morning, oral surgeon in the PM and I'm now without two teeth (one was nearing infected status). To put it simply, my molars came in without enamel, so I was prone to breaks and cavities. To have made it this long with no issues (not even a cavity) in my life? Amazing.

I hate that this happened while pregnant. I felt such guilt earlier this week, like I was letting Sprout or his daddies down. :( After the stomach "flu" and now this, I'd like the rest of this pregnancy to be easy, no problems in any shape or form, please! Haha.

I'm doing the liquid/super soft diet, which is going against every craving I have (CHEESEBURGERS!!). I think Sprout forgives me, though. ;) He seems to be doing just fine! The oral surgeon was wonderful, really focused on making sure baby and I were okay the whole time. At one point he had to stop what he was doing because Sprout was kicking so much and causing me and the chair to jiggle! Sprout is getting to be very strong in the past few days, I swear!

Otherwise I'm feeling great, baby is kicking like crazy, rolling around a bit from what I can tell. I feel good physically (minus mouth issues), and the nesting urge is still hanging in there. I'm taking it easy right now, but the ideas are adding up!

I'll do a belly photo later today (gosh, every two weeks is happening fast!) and add it in here by Thursday hopefully.

Edit to add photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment