Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.
29 weeks! Not much going on in the past week, besides the whole growing a baby thing. I've been taking it easy with eating due to the dental episode last week. But that's going well, no issues there! :D I've been nesting - putting together a list of emergency contact information for my hubby (including every which way to contact Sprout's daddies). I figure this list being posted, as well as my adding info to my husband's cell phone, will just mean we won't need it hopefully.
I hit a few resale consignment events at the end of last week. I picked up some new in package pump supplies that I was needing for a lot cheaper than regular retail prices. :D I bought a basket at World Market yesterday to put everything in beside where I sit on the couch. I didn't want the supplies all over, but contained in something that could sort of hide them away when not in use. I'm feeling prepared for this part of postpartum, that's for sure.
Hospital bag list is made (it's rather short for the most part), so I can start adding stuff to my bag in the next few weeks. Most important items: cell phone and cell phone charger. Sad, eh? I use my phone as my camera anymore, so having those two items is very important to me!
Hubby and I have been working on the garage, getting stuff moved around (him moving the heavy stuff, me directing) to accomodate what is now known as the "boob milk" freezer. My idea of how to rearrange has worked, so I was happy.
Don't mind the stuff in front, as we're still re-arranging and donating stuff as well. "Boob milk" freezer on the left, regular freezer on the right.
I took my children to "write night" at their school yesterday. Some of the teachers I don't see often due to schedules, so they were surprised to see how big my belly was. One asked when I was due, I told her, and she gave me the "ohhhh" look along with saying something about how big I am already. She means well, she is so nice, and a great teacher. But I just thought to myself, "No, I feel great still!" Sure, I huff and puff when turning over to my other side in bed during the night. Painting my toenails the other day? Well, I did some interesting maneuvers to reach my toes, some very un-lady like positions! But I am feeling good, and I am loving it. I feel like I have so much energy, so I am enjoying this while it lasts!


No comments:
Post a Comment