Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
30 weeks - whoa! Goodbye 20s! I'm glad I am saying goodbye to those, and not my own 20s (only just over one more year until I am 30, but anyway).
Sprout is so lively in the past week. He's definitely running out of more room in there. Poor little dude! His feet glide all over my belly through out the day, I can feel him rolling and doing his best to maneuver around. I imagine he's still super comfy though. My belly feels a lot bigger in the past couple of weeks, but again, still feeling great!
I had an OB appointment last Thursday. My fundal height, which is where they measure from pubic bone to top of the uterus, is measuring about a month ahead. This is typical for the babies I carry, being I have a short torso, so my uterus has no where to go but OUT. At this time I was so so much bigger with my twins, so that gives me a good perspective on how easy this is right now! Though when you hear me huffing and puffing as I bend over to pick stuff up? Well, it doesn't feel so easy, haha.
The appointment went well, though. I've gained a couple of pounds in the past month, baby was all over the place and the doctor couldn't keep his heartbeat on the doppler for more than 3-4 seconds at a time (she finally gave up, declared that it was in the 140s and he sounded great). I did my glucose tolerance test, to see if I have gestational diabetes. I passed easily, which made me very happy, it's like passing a test in school or so it feels like!
As I said, things are going great. I am still nesting like crazy, some of which occurs where I sit on the couch and do it, just to relieve the pelvic pain a bit. :) I did declare to my husband yesterday that my days of emptying the dishwasher will be over soon, as bending over continuously is not fun. I am thankful to have him and the kids help me with such things, to the point that I can just not do it for awhile and not have to think about it. :)
I took a photo over the weekend. I was wearing a dress, third time in ten years. I pulled it in at the bottom for the photo only, just to show my uh.. awesome figure. Ha. Black is slimming, right? LOL! As my husband says, some days my belly looks ginormous, other days it looks smaller. It definitely depends on the position he's in now, I think. Don't mind the hair/skin, it was so hot that day and I was feelin' it!


30 Weeks! Yay! :D Again, thanks for sharing your journey!
ReplyDelete