Wednesday, June 6, 2012

36 Weeks!

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position.

One week to go. I wish I had a bit longer, but it is what it is and I've accepted that now. I am excited. The anticipation has really hit me in the past day or so. One week from tonight, right now, I should be laying in my hospital bed, and either seeing two daddies with their baby boy in arms or that little boy will be in my arms being breastfed. So amazing.

I talked with my attorney today and hearing me say the words, "One week from today" to him was just so surreal! I have so many emotions, and I can't stop smiling!

I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed, as I keep going over things and what do I need to do still. As I think I said before, some say a c-hyst takes longer to recover from than a "simple" c-section alone. So, I'm trying to prepare for that, while hoping for the best, I guess? I keep going to the grocery store and I think I may be driving my husband nuts. My most hated chore (grocery shopping) is one I've enjoyed as of late. Only I keep coming home almost daily with bags that need unloaded from the van. So, I walk in and announce hubby needs to unload the van, which means he puts it all away. I told him tonight that I felt bad that he had to do it, and he said he never thought twice about doing it. It's nice to have that help, even for simple things, and it doesn't even occur to him to do it any other way? Awesome.

I got a lot done today, so I'm feeling good. The baking bug is still with me. I told my husband tonight that I'd back off a bit, because we were doing the dishes a lot more than usual due to me. But I may have fibbed.. I want to bake right now! Oops.

I woke up this morning, went to turn over, and I felt a pop down.. low. It wasn't like a pop from bones shifting either. I laid there, perfectly still, and I thought, "Oh my god, what if my water broke?" I didn't know what to do. I wanted to yell for a towel, but figured we have a waterproof mattress cover! I turned the rest of the way over, pushed a bit, and nothing. PHEW! I'd just rather he hang on until we're ready next week.

And the belly pic, it's covered this time to prevent blindness. You can thank me later!



And now for something off topic, but these made me smile this week. If you haven't seen either of the next two stories, read them, watch the videos! Be prepared to cry and smile all at once.


No comments:

Post a Comment