Pumping is going quite well, I think. My supply is steadily increasing each day. I keep track on an app on my phone (MilkMaid). It's neat (for a geek like me, ehem) to see how much I am producing and how it's increasing! I'll have to do some screen shots of it soon. I am not even using the app to it's full potential, just for basic record keeping, but I LOVE it and suggest it for any mama that is pumping even part time!
My husband has been great. He's been helping me with storing milk, washing bottles, making sure I am taking my vitamins (I am still scatterbrained lately!), keeping my water bottle filled, etc. I have a little setup around the couch, which makes the living room look cluttered, but with being sort of disabled for a bit, it's what works for me! I have my pump supplies in their basket, but then my table with my vitamins, my water bottle, and so on. I then have a bag of snacks near where I sit, full of protein filled snacks, and some of the lactation cookies I had baked (and froze) just before I had Sprout. I am currently eating these cookies: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies by Noel Trujillo They are SO good. I altered the recipe a bit by adding fenugreek and blessed thistle too it. I don't know if they're helping my supply, I eat them more because I prefer snacks right now, and they are just GOOD! I don't feel badly eating them like I would other cookies either.
I said goodbye to Sprout and his daddies on Monday. My husband and I went out to dinner with them, which was nice. We talked quite a bit and then Sprout was hungry, only I guess he just wanted to snack. It was the last day that I'd ever nurse a baby. There I sat in the Olive Garden taking photos of him nursing. I am sure some people thought I was strange, but I didn't care. And here is the first and one of the few photos I'll probably post of him on this blog. He is so gorgeous, but then, I am biased! This was our last nursing session. Such a little love he is. :)
I also gave the guys the milk (colostrum!) I had pumped between Saturday evening and Monday afternoon.
I was and am pretty proud of that actually! I've already started putting some in the freezer since then, and that's been a great feeling as well. It makes the work of this worth it, to see what is Sprout's food, what his daddies will feed him. And yes, I will be taking photos of my frozen milk before I ship it off. Do you expect any less of me? Ha.
I'm doing pretty good otherwise. My leg is still useless, and I am getting better at strapping on the immobilizer quickly. I use the walker around home, but out and about I tend to hold on to my husband's arm as it's easier on me. The walker is causing me some pain in my back and in my good leg, so I am learning quickly how to get around without it (but doing my best to be safe, of course).
I am excited to see where pumping goes over the next few days to few weeks. It's interesting, to me, to see my supply gradually increasing. The human body is amazing, and I'm once again reminded of this fact!

*tears*. He is so gorgeous and you are so amazing for doing all of this pumping for him! You did so well! I'm so proud to be your friend and to know you are pumping to provide him the best! :) <3
ReplyDelete