Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Babies & Dinner

Originally written Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 at 11pm (cycle day 11, second day of insems on cycle # whatever (I've stopped counting)).

We went to dinner tonight. While sitting there, enjoying our food, talking.. one of your daddies saw a family walking through the restaurant. The father was holding a tiny little baby, who I guesstimated to be no more than two weeks old. All three of us sat there, watching this man holding this gorgeous little being. I didn’t have to be near the little one in order to smell that newborn smell everyone loves and talks about. I could look at that tiny little head, with the swirls of gorgeous brown hair, and I smelled that smell. And then I began picturing your daddies holding you, loving on you. As I turned back to look at your fathers, I saw the looks on their faces as they sat quietly watching the baby and its father.

Every cycle I think to myself, “I know why we’re here. I know why we’re trying. I don’t need any more confirmation; this is what we are to be doing!” But every cycle something happens, something that makes me step back and say, “Just another reason I am helping make these men become the daddies they deserve to be.” And seeing them watch this little baby, the love in their eyes, the possibilities in their future with you eventually blessing them.. it was just more confirmation for me.

Just a simple dinner that turned into a memory that I will carry in my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment