(I wrote this Saturday night)
You know that post I wrote earlier today? The one where I blathered on about thinking this was it, yadda yadda *bleeping* yadda?
I lied.
Sort of.
If I put PSYCH! in really big text on my blog post, will you laugh or be mad?
Well, I didn't lie, and maybe once you read the next line you will be laughing like I just was.
I'm pregnant.
Yep.
I gave up early on this cycle, figuring I'd have my positive by the evening of 9 dpo (days past ovulation). But an embryo can implant anywhere between 6 and 10 dpo on average, so I gave up too early. I am just used to this not working, I guess?
I took a test today (Saturday, 10 dpo) at 1:45pm or so and had a super duper faint squinter of a line. The kind where you hold the test up under every light in your house, squint really hard, maybe even stand on your head to help yourself see the line. I scanned it in and a few friends said they thought they saw it as well, but I remained in denial, 'cause what cycle is this? Who knows.
I get home from my in-law's tonight, tested at 10pm and I began squinting. I then got mad at myself, laid that sucker down on the table and walked away for a couple of minutes. I ventured back rather quickly, didn't even need to squint. There it was. A line. TWO LINES actually. A positive pregnancy test.
I began shaking, ran down the hall and threw open the bathroom door to a perturbed husband to tell him that I was pregnant. I couldn't exactly jump around with excitement with him, so I instead called my mother in law. I was shaking and almost crying, my voice was even shaking from how excited I was.
A beautiful positive. A light positive, but that stick is positive!
Now to hope and pray like mad that this little baby sticks around, that he or she makes their debut next summer.
Oh, the little one is due July 4th, 2012 - Independence Day! Love it.
(Digital test taken Sunday morning (11 dpo) at 11am)

Congratulations! That's so exciting! It's nice to be surprised :)
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you all!!!
ReplyDelete