You can find Part 1 of my Pumping Wish List here.
To continue from yesterday..
Number four! Breast pads. I have yet to find a breast pad that I like, and I hope that changes this next time around. I've tried a few WAHM made cloth pads, but I leaked through them rather quickly. I did like the Lansinoh disposables in that they absorb well, but I dislike the fact that they are DISPOSABLE. I just dislike throwing a few pads away each day. So, I'm on a mission to find washable cloth pads this time around that will absorb my leaking milk. I'd rather not sleep on a towel for the first two months postpartum like before. I'd wake up each morning, even after pumping 1-2x during the night, to a puddle of milk underneath of me and a soaked towel. I'm reading good things about Bamboobies pads. So, any thoughts on well made cloth pads? Let me know!
Number five! Bottles. I obviously only need bottles to collect my milk, I then dump the milk into bags. But bottles are an important item for obvious reason, but finding the right ones is especially important. I of course want BPA free bottles, and the first 2 weeks I need 4-5 oz containers, but after that I tend to need 10-12 oz bottles (yes, per breast!). Bottles change so much each and every year, I feel like this is something I'll have to look into once again. Thankfully most (if not all?) manufacturers are making baby bottles BPA free, which is wonderful.
Number six! Lanolin cream. I tend to buy Lansinoh lanolin cream. Is there a better option, mamas? I'm unsure, honestly. I need the cream to not only soothe my poor nipples, which tend to be sore the first week or so of pumping, but also to lube the breast shields to make pumping more comfortable.
Other necessary items: a water bottle! I tend to drink around 15-20 oz of water every time I sit down to pump. So, having a bottle I can easily drink out of, that's also BPA free, is essential.
Organic Milkmaid Tea - it helps my supply, but it also tastes yummy!
Another item, or rather items, are tops that I can easily pump with. I sometimes just wear a regular big t-shirt while around the house, but it's nice to have tops that are meant for breastfeeding mothers. Most of them can easily adapt to your needs for pumping, so you can pump while covering your postpartum belly, which is wonderful. A Toni Top from PumpEase is definitely on my list of must haves, it looks like it will sufficiently cover my belly and keep me modest while I am pumping! :D
That's what I can think of for now. I obviously don't need to think seriously about these items quite yet, but I am still excited for this! I will be writing future posts on some of these items, as I plan on reviewing what I do use to give my honest thoughts on them. I know how helpful it is to have reviews from other moms of these important products, especially when these products are so important in helping feed our babies!
You can find my full Pumping Wish List here on Wishpot!
I have yet to find a cloth pad that I can wear overnight (I'm 3 weeks postpartum). I've ended up using disposable medela pads. During the day I can wear cloth ones from toys r us/babies r us but they don't last all day like disposables do. I have bamboobies but hate them unfortunately. The daytime heart ones are very very thin and also stick to my nipples (ouch!) and an overnight round pair but that pair sticks to my nipples and the fabric strands are coming apart and sticking to my nipple too. Also, I LOVE my hygeia enjoye LBI pump. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteAlthough I haven't used them personally, I was going to suggest Bamboobies as moms rave about them. And Earth Mama Angel Baby's Nipple Butter. :-)
ReplyDelete